Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Passion for Papertrey: A Black and White Challenge

Hi Folks!

I've been unusually busy since this challenge began, so I am glad I didn't miss it all together. I LOVE bright colors so this was indeed a challenge for me.  I am happy with the results.

I am also participating in the current Online Card Class:  Clean and Simple 2.  If you haven't checked out these excellent classes, I highly recommend that you do.  I have been inspired and consistently impressed with the designs, video tutorials, and guests.  My card was inspired by Julie Ebersole, one of the designers for Clean and Simple 2.   This link takes you to her blog, but not the actual inspiration card.  You have to be signed up for the class to have access.

So here's my one layer, all black and white, clean and simple card!


I stamped Stitches and Swirls with VersaMark ink onto True Black card stock, and embossed with Filigree White Powder.  "Love You" is from Scripted Sentiments, also heat embossed.  I went in with a white pencil to add a little shading and texture.  

Thanks for stopping by,
Suzanne


9 comments:

  1. Drop-dead gorgeous, Suzanne! Your white pencil detailing really gives it another dimension ... just beautiful! So glad you're in the class, can't wait to see what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect black & white card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! Sounds like a lot of people( I know) are in that class. I always loved this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. The white on black is fantastic, and I love the extra touches with the white pencil. Beautiful work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful...I love this stamp set you do did an amazing job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. I love that it is only black and white.

    ReplyDelete